Have a customer with their own insurance?
Have a customer with their own insurance?
There may be instances when your customer will use their own insurance rather than yours. Prohire can easily record this information for all future bookings with that customer. You have the ability to store the client’s insurance details at the client level which can then be applied to every rental they have or you can enter their details on a rental by rental basis.
In this two-part series, we'll look at setting up insurance at the client level and next week look at setting up insurance at the booking stage.
If you have a client that will always use their own insurance then setting up their insurance details at the client level will ensure that all future bookings will automatically use the clients insurance. This can be setup for both Private and Company clients.
To setup the client’s insurance you will need to click Insurance at the bottom of the Client Details screen.
This will bring up the Client Insurance screen into which you will enter the Insurance Company details and their insurance Policy details. You will notice that this screen is divided up into 4 sections, Company, Broker, Policy and Notes.
Company – Company: enter the insurance company’s name
Company – Contact: enter the contact details of the person at the insurance company
Company – Tel. No.: enter the telephone number for the insurance company.
Company – Ext.: use this field to store the extension number you need for the insurance company
Company – Fax No.: if the insurance company has a fax no. you this field to store it.
Broker – Company: this field allows you to store the name of the broker supplying the insurance cover
Broker – Contact: this field allows you to record a contact person’s name for the Broker
Broker – Tel. No.: allows you to record the telephone number for the Broker
Broker –Ext.: if you need to enter an extension number when phoning the Broker you can use this field
Broker – Fax No: this field will allow you to record the Broker’s fax number
Policy – Policy No: enter the insurance policy number into this field
Policy – Starting from: into these two fields enter in the start date and time for this insurance policy
Policy – Ending at: enter in the expiry date and time for this insurance policy
Policy – Excess: this field is generally used when you offer Excess Protection and it allows you to store the clients own insurance excess value which will then be printed on the excess protection documentation.
Cover Note details for each booking: when ticked this option will force the user to enter in cover note details for this booking even through the booking will be using their insurance.
Notes: this is a free text box allowing you to record any additional information about the clients insurance details.
Changing the client’s insurance details in this screen will not automatically update the insurance details used on their bookings you will need to remove the insurance and then add it back on again before their rentals will use the new insurance details.
Once you have configured the insurance details within the client screen you will then be able to tick Default COI which will force the system to automatically use Client’s Own Insurance on every new booking that’s created.
- New Prohire tools to help with the GDPR
- Prohire to unveil wave of new products at Commercial Vehicle Show
- 5 Strange Christmas Traditions
- Prohire Support: How to use TeamViewer
- Fuel prices to soar by 12p a litre over the coming weeks?
- Ding dong merrily on high ...
- Most Drivers Support Stricter Drink Driving Laws
- Making the Most of Autumn
- Easy PCN Management ... in Prohire
- Cyber Crime: Stay Protected
- UK Diesel Car Values Plummet ... By Up To 25%
- How to Defleet & Refleet Vehicles
- UK Calls For Smart Car Cyber Protection
- Helping You Make The Most Of The Summer
- Prohire New Screen: Vehicle Off-Road (VOR) Daily Diary
- Want To Travel Off-Road This Summer?
- You Guide To Performing Vehicle Change Overs in Prohire
- Causing An Accident Not Enough To Put 40% Motorists Off Using Their Mobiles
- Top Tips for Invoicing in Prohire
- New Screens and Prohire Mobile