Introducing the New Allocation Chart
Introducing the New Allocation Chart
The Allocation chart is at the heart of the Prohire rental system. It’s what allows users to visualize bookings and vehicles at a glance and optimize utilization.
This is one of most important screens in the system. Over time we have received many requests to improve on an already very useful tool. We’ve listened to your suggestions and are delighted to introduce the new Prohire Allocation chart.
One of the most useful features of the current chart is the dynamic way in which it changes and updates to instantly reflect the current situation. Extend a hire and you will see this change on the chart.
Although the current chart is pivotal to way Prohire works we felt that it could be improved even more.
With this in mind we set about a complete re-write of this screen. The new chart has been designed from the ground up, taking advantage of the latest cutting edge programming technology. We wanted to make it faster and more responsive to user interaction; we wanted to improve the ease with which information is displayed.
I am sure you will agree that the results are impressive.
In detail the new chart has the following improvements:
- Client names are now shown clearly on the booking bands without having to look any further.
- Users can now zoom in and out with easy to use zoom controls.
- The chart will now go further forward; this has been made easier with forward and backward controls.
- The chart now maximizes automatically to fill larger screens.
- Controls allow the user to show more or less vehicles in view.
- New flyover hints have been added. If the user moves the mouse over the top of a booking all of the important relevant information is shown without having to leave the screen.
- The search controls have now been improved to react instantly to user input. Tap in a few letters of a registration and see the chart filter as you type.
- View multiple search criteria at once. Select one or more groups to display them simultaneously.
- In a multi-user environment you will see instant updates on other screens on the front desk. No need for a refresh button because the refresh is now instant.
- A feedback button allowing users to suggest further functional improvements. The new chart allows us to add more advanced search criteria so we are very much looking forward to user feedback.
- Clearer site indicators to show site transfers and one way hires.
- Groups and model descriptions are now shown fully as the chart dynamically expands to cater for longer descriptions.
- The ability to sort by registration, site, group or model.
- Improvements to the vehicle mileage prioritizer to more accurately reflect the current situation based on past, current and future mileage figures.
- Temporary vehicles highlighted on the chart.
- Months, Weeks and Day (day of week) boundaries now shown more clearly.
So we are looking forward to rolling the Allocation chart out to our existing clients and if you are a prospective client come and have a look!
- New Prohire tools to help with the GDPR
- Prohire to unveil wave of new products at Commercial Vehicle Show
- 5 Strange Christmas Traditions
- Prohire Support: How to use TeamViewer
- Fuel prices to soar by 12p a litre over the coming weeks?
- Ding dong merrily on high ...
- Most Drivers Support Stricter Drink Driving Laws
- Making the Most of Autumn
- Easy PCN Management ... in Prohire
- Cyber Crime: Stay Protected
- UK Diesel Car Values Plummet ... By Up To 25%
- How to Defleet & Refleet Vehicles
- UK Calls For Smart Car Cyber Protection
- Helping You Make The Most Of The Summer
- Prohire New Screen: Vehicle Off-Road (VOR) Daily Diary
- Want To Travel Off-Road This Summer?
- You Guide To Performing Vehicle Change Overs in Prohire
- Causing An Accident Not Enough To Put 40% Motorists Off Using Their Mobiles
- Top Tips for Invoicing in Prohire
- New Screens and Prohire Mobile