Prohire Mobile: FAQs
Prohire Mobile: FAQs
Happy New Year – hope you had a prosperous and busy Christmas.
All in all, 2014 was a very good year for the sales team here at Prohire – with 7 new clients in December taking us to 57 new clients for the year and 555 locations in total. We’re in a strong position to exceed 600 locations this year! The more locations using Prohire, the stronger the network – all the better for everybody concerned.
By now you should have all received our much-loved 2015 desk calendar and letter in the post. If you didn’t and you want one, please let me know.
We’ve been getting a lot of calls asking us lots of questions about Prohire Mobile, as featured on the calendar (see FAQs below). It’s great to hear many of you are chomping at the bit for Prohire Mobile. Of course, we would really like to say “it’s ready now or next month” but we can’t and we would rather be open and honest about our development plans. Most of the application development is complete and we have a working prototype; it’s just the integration with Prohire now that needs completing. I say “just”, obviously, it’s a lot of work but Paul has his team of developers (Andy, Michael, Ken and John) all working hard on getting it delivered.
Some FAQs –
When will Prohire Mobile be ready?
Paul has trials starting in March with one client who potentially will be using Prohire Mobile on 200 devices. So some serious testing! Our first live release is planned for soon after.
Can I be part of the trial?
I expect we will have around 10 additional clients trialling the software – let me know if you’d like to be a part of this trial.
Will I be able to use Prohire Mobile from an i-phone?
To begin with Prohire Mobile will only be for Android devices – so please don’t go buying the new iPhone 6 in anticipation! It was decided that because Apple charge an extra 30% per application that we would start with Android and look to add Apple technology at a later date. We will monitor demand and feedback as always. Androids can be bought for around £100, which is a lot cheaper than an iPhones/iPads!
What devices can I use and where can I buy them?
We have tested several Phones and Tablets already and will be exploring further options before we release the software. We will provide a list of recommended devices on our website prior to launch.
Feedback from our forum meetings suggested that people would like to source the devices themselves rather than through us, but we will also negotiate some favourable terms for you if we have enough interest to do so.
We’ll be testing devices for compatibility so talk to myself or one of my sales team for further information.
How much will Prohire Mobile cost?
Costs will be on a monthly basis and include all future applications (including Vehicle inspections, delivery and collections, equipment checks & servicing, etc.)
We are anticipating £30 (ex VAT) per month and will be offering 50% discount for the first device registered in the first 3 months after launch, with discount if you register 5 or more devices. Prices will be confirmed nearer to the release date.
If you have any other questions, please let me know. I’ll be posting another update next month.
All the best for 2015 – lets hope it’s a good year!
Thanks for reading my blog
- New Prohire tools to help with the GDPR
- Prohire to unveil wave of new products at Commercial Vehicle Show
- 5 Strange Christmas Traditions
- Prohire Support: How to use TeamViewer
- Fuel prices to soar by 12p a litre over the coming weeks?
- Ding dong merrily on high ...
- Most Drivers Support Stricter Drink Driving Laws
- Making the Most of Autumn
- Easy PCN Management ... in Prohire
- Cyber Crime: Stay Protected
- UK Diesel Car Values Plummet ... By Up To 25%
- How to Defleet & Refleet Vehicles
- UK Calls For Smart Car Cyber Protection
- Helping You Make The Most Of The Summer
- Prohire New Screen: Vehicle Off-Road (VOR) Daily Diary
- Want To Travel Off-Road This Summer?
- You Guide To Performing Vehicle Change Overs in Prohire
- Causing An Accident Not Enough To Put 40% Motorists Off Using Their Mobiles
- Top Tips for Invoicing in Prohire
- New Screens and Prohire Mobile